samolahajnar
55 постов
#1 19 января 2013 в 10:16
Hi everyone<br /><br />This is it, I decided to finally share my first attempt on 3D modeling, animating and texturing with this<br />Quake 2 super shotgun.<br /><br /><br /><br />Beware, it is absolutely not perfect and it has severe artistic flaws. But hay, someone has to start somewhere and make a proper learning curve.<br /><br />The package is made for the Berserker port but it will also work in KMQake2 port without normals, don&#039;t know if the port supports it.<br /><br />Download:<br />http://www.freefilehosting.net/quake2supershotgun31013<br /><br />Cheers! Have fun and take care<br /><br />-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Hi guys,<br /><br />First I would like to apologize that I&#039;m writing in English language but I don&#039;t speak Russian as a few words nasdravje, sivodnja haroša pogoda&nbsp; hehee…<br /><br />I would also like to thanks the people who stands behind the berserker project in all its forms. It makes me enjoy again the old Quake 2 game today.<br /><br />Recently I decided to start modeling and texturing myself. I started with the super shotgun remake and here you can see the low poly model with normal maps.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />In a hurry to try it in game I just putted some paint over&nbsp; the diffuse map to see how it looks in the berserker engine.<br />I&#039;ve done the modeling and UV baking in 3DS max 2013, exporting the model as obj file to Blender and there converting it to MD3 file.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Then I have started the animation for the first person view. It was also my first animation ever so I tried it just with the gun without the hand, just to see how it works in game.<br /><br />Here starts my first problem as I couldn&#039;t convert the model and the animation to a MD3 file directly. I have successfully converted from 3DS max to MD2 file format but with big loss on the model quality. So if someone in here can advise me on how to convert to MD3 directly or help in anyway pleas do it.<br /><br />The second problem I have is that the MD2 first person animated MD2 model makes the berserker engine goes in hunk_alloc overflow on my model. I tried the same model in KMQuake and all works fine there, here is the picture:<br /><br /><br /><br />I couldn&#039;t find the button to upload the MD2 file because it&#039;s obvious written in Cyrillic but for me hard to navigate. So if anyone can help I will upload the problematic model to test it…<br /><br />When solved the issue I would redo the animation with the included hands and texture both models.<br /><br />In a hope for some good help thanks again!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#2 19 января 2013 в 11:14
The second problem I have is that the MD2 first person animated MD2 model makes the berserker engine goes in hunk_alloc overflow on my model.
<br />give me this model, I&#039;ll try to solve hunk_alloc problem.<br />(you can send your model to my email)<br /><br />
I couldn&#039;t find the button to upload the MD2 file because it&#039;s obvious written in Cyrillic but for me hard to navigate
<br />See your profile properties. May be this picture will help you:<br />
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
DOOMer
1598 постов
#3 19 января 2013 в 11:34
samolahajnar<br />Nice look on screenshots.<br />[quote author=Берсеркер link=topic=831.msg18162#msg18162 date=1358594084]I couldn&#039;t find the button to upload the MD2 file because it&#039;s obvious written in Cyrillic but for me hard to navigate. So if anyone can help I will upload the problematic model to test it…[/quote]<br />Attaching files to forum now is disabled. Swnd MD2 files tome (on doomer3d[at]gmail.com), and i upload its on site and add link to this forum topic.
Вертексы должны образовывать конвексный браш
My Quake Maps

Core i7 8700 3.3 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX2060s
Gentoo Linux [amd64] | Windows 10 Home

сохранись перед дверью...два раза =)
samolahajnar
55 постов
#4 19 января 2013 в 12:12
@Berserker I have sent you the shotgun package on your mail<br /><br />@Doomer thanks for your kind words<br /><br /><br />And sorry if I&#039;m repeating this, but if anyone knows of a good converting tool for MD3 file from 3DS Max 2013 that is actualy working,<br />or maybe some kind of other conversion please let me know!<br /><br />Cheers
DOOMer
1598 постов
#5 19 января 2013 в 20:36
samolahajnar, direct convert from 3DS Max 2013 to MD3 is none (or i donn&#039;t know about it).<br />Maybe make export to .obj file, after import this .obj to Blender3d, and after export from Blender to MD3. Some tools for import-export MD3 format to Blender availible there.
Вертексы должны образовывать конвексный браш
My Quake Maps

Core i7 8700 3.3 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX2060s
Gentoo Linux [amd64] | Windows 10 Home

сохранись перед дверью...два раза =)
Eugeny
199 постов
#6 20 января 2013 в 04:06
There is a source md3 exporter for 3ds max. need a 3ds max SDK<br />http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=53&amp;t=23724
samolahajnar
55 постов
#7 20 января 2013 в 10:03
@Doomer thanks for your time ans support. The problem with obj format is that it doesn&#039;t support animation.<br />I tried to export from max to X, ASE, FBX file which supports animation and import in blender but without succes.<br /><br />@Eugeny Hi there, since I&#039;m not a programmer a realy don&#039;t know how to use that.<br />So if you have some tuttorial or suggestion I&#039;m here to try!<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />[glow=red,2,300]Edit:[/glow] Hi guys, I&#039;ve made a little step forward. I succeeded to export the model and the animation to a FBX file.<br />Then with the Noesis converter to MD3 and the model now looks perfect. But here arises the next problem<br />Which is how to correctly export the animation to FBX because it elongate it from frame 1-62 to 0-100 and as you already thought in game looks wrong.<br /><br />Any help really appreciated!<br />
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#8 20 января 2013 в 13:32
samolahajnar, your models works&nbsp; ;)<br />Open q2b_config.cfg, find &quot;hunk_model&quot; and replace to<br />seta hunk_model &quot;10485760&quot;<br />Then run berserker.exe<br />PS: my current build: http://files.mail.ru/E83CE32D93AB4B6E9AE9DC5919A52A9C&nbsp; (q2b_config.cfg inside)<br /><br />Your md3 is first animated hand&#039;s weapon model, and it works fine!<br />Good job for first time&nbsp; :)<br />My wishes:<br />- make more details, use detailed bump map, change green to dark green.<br />and, my IMHO: remove lighting Q2 symbol from shotgun, add gun&#039;s serial number, other details.<br />
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#9 21 января 2013 в 14:20
Hi Berserker,<br /><br />Beautiful news from your side. Thanks’ for your effort and time, even my newly made model which I managed to transfer directly to MD3 format works like it should.<br /><br />Now I will remake the FPS animation with hands included. I have a thought to make the gun barrel a little shorter and wider.<br /><br />About the textures, I have just painted the diffuse map to see how the gun looks in game. I will do the textures after I finished animating and modeling.<br /><br />I would like to ask you what kind of mapping the Berserker engine support. I found out that support the normal maps, bump maps, diffuse maps and light maps. Any other? Like specular or ambient occlusion?<br /><br />Thanks in advance!<br />
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#10 21 января 2013 в 14:50
I would like to ask you what kind of mapping the Berserker engine support.
<br />- colormap (diffusemap)<br />- normalmap<br />- specularmap (alpha channel of normalmap texture)<br />- glowmap (lightmap)<br />- detailed bumpmap (micro bumpmap)<br />- effect map (chrome, power, etc)<br /><br />- heightmap (for parallax mapping) - but it works only for world surfaces, not for models.<br />