AkenBosch
3 постов
#1 17 февраля 2014 в 20:11
Hello all, new satisfied berserker mod user here :) Thanks for making it, my old favourite game Quake 2 looks awesome now!

This might have been asked or answered already, but i can't read russian so i ask it in english: i play on 1920 x 1080 resolution and the crosshair is slightly off the center; every weapon hits a bit lower and right from it.
Although it isn't such a big deal, it gets a bit annoying when i'm using the railgun becouse i have to aim past the enemies to hit them, so i decided to ask if there is a fix for this.

Keep up the good work, bye!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#2 18 февраля 2014 в 16:28
Hi,
crosshair is exactly at the center of the screen
(tested on 1680 x 1050, I can't set FHD resolution).
You can send me screenshot taked in 1920 x 1080.

Second: all weapons does not hit exactly to crosshair's point,
it's a Quake2 bug or feature ;)))
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
AkenBosch
3 постов
#3 18 февраля 2014 в 18:06
Sorry, i wrote it a bit weird... yes, the crosshair is in the exact center of the screen, but all weapons fire lower and to the right of it.

I made a couple of screenshots so you can see what i mean (i wrote on the pictures what happens):

Shot 1 - railgun

Shot 2 - blaster

Shot 3 - machinegun (it's not an accurate weapon, but the aim is still off)

Shot 4 - hyperblaster

I just thought of something: i also patched quake 2 with Knightmare's unofficial v3.24 Patch, so it might have something to do with that becouse someone mentioned the same problem here (last comment)...

I will try to re-install Quake 2 with only the Berserker mod and see if it fixes the problem, i'll be back :)

EDIT: i have now reinstalled the game without anything else, only the official patch and the latest Berserker mod, the aim is still slightly off:

Blaster far

Blaster close

Shotgun

Like i said - it's not a big problem, i just wanted to ask if it was a bug or something.
Scrama
95 постов
#4 19 февраля 2014 в 04:29
Technical, it can be fixed by changing "firing" code in game dll. You can calc fire-vector not as shifted normal to the player, but as vector through end point of trace by camera-centered normal and shifted point of weapon handling.

Ну, и поскольку мой английский слишком польский, надо просто протрейсить из глаз в кроссхаир, взять конечную точку за одну расчетную, а смещенную, из которой обычно стреляем, - за вторую, между ними построить вектор и уже по нему пальнуть. Выглядеть это будет точнее. Но, раз уж так никто еще не сделал за 16 лет существования игры, то и не надо никому, похоже.
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#5 19 февраля 2014 в 17:15
ха, базар вам нужен ;D

absolutely exact hit:

Game.dll:
http://files.mail.ru/ACE15DC55586402AB7BD75730A9F91CA
получите и распишитесь!

Один вопрос: стоит сделать dm-флаг, отключающий эту фичу?
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
Barnes
1965 постов
#6 19 февраля 2014 в 18:18
Не надо это вырубать, один фиг коллизия по ббоксу))
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
AkenBosch
3 постов
#7 19 февраля 2014 в 20:20
Now it hits in the exact middle, thank you very much :D
Scrama
95 постов
#8 20 февраля 2014 в 02:44
Хахах, главное свечку правильно держать :D
mjr4077au
2 постов
#9 30 марта 2019 в 08:48
Hello,

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

Берсеркер, I was wondering if you could please re-share this DLL file? It would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, a patch file for patching Yamagi Quake 2 source prior to compilation would be amazing.

Kind Regards,
Mitch.
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#10 30 марта 2019 в 18:41
mjr4077au
http://berserker.quakegate.ru/files/up145to146.rar