samolahajnar
55 постов
#1 10 сентября 2014 в 09:10
Hi people,

Long time no see eh… In the mid time it’s been the worst year in my life and I’m steel struggling to come out of this s-beep-t! But hey, keep up the chin and let’s go on!

I started to work on a shotgun from an idea that Barnes gave me some time ago, really love the design of the UTS-15 shotgun. After a week of work I can show you the finished high poly model.

The path to see it in game is steel long, as I’m planning to sculpt a new version of the first person hands. This time will sculpt them in ZBrush . Then I’ll have to do the rigging and so on!

I’ll keep you informed with my progress…
Cheers!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#2 10 сентября 2014 в 09:22
Hi!
Very interesting...
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
KRIGSSVIN
930 постов
#3 10 сентября 2014 в 18:53
Looks like interesting alternative to the current shotgun.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#4 11 сентября 2014 в 08:06
Hi Berserker, glad to see you!

As always I need to ask you a question. If I decide in the future to make an optic scope, is it possible to make a transparent texture – glass texture – like in the modern games in the alfa channel?

Thanks in advance!

@KRIGSSVIN Yes this shotgun is meant to substitute the Quake II counterpart, hopefully!

Cheers!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#5 11 сентября 2014 в 13:53
You can create the mesh with transparent texture,

or texture with distortion effect

Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#6 12 сентября 2014 в 07:28
Nice to hear it!

So, the transparent texture is created by using black color in alpha channel and some color in the color map.

Can you explain more about the distortion effect and how it is created please?

You nearly convinced me to make a scope for the shotgun… Yesterday I finished the low poly model, it has less than 8000 polygons, now we can add more with the scope:)!
Barnes
1965 постов
#7 12 сентября 2014 в 11:03
so cooll, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#8 13 сентября 2014 в 16:31
samolahajnar
see example: invisibility.pk2

one mesh uses texture invis.tga (player model),
invis.fx - is the texture properties file:

fx distort
scale 1 1
scroll 1 1
image models/items/invis/invis_dst.png
Barnes
1965 постов
#9 13 сентября 2014 в 17:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_o3YsUVAyQ
Вот с чего сделана пушка что на рендерах выше. А как как я говорил надо оставаться в стилистике игры.
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
samolahajnar
55 постов
#10 14 сентября 2014 в 07:51
@Berserker thanks for the directions. When I’ll have the time I will try the feature.

@Barns, If your second post was meant to me I didn’t understood it. I tried with google translate but it came out just a mess of phrases. If it was meant to someone else, just forget what I’m babbling here.

Cheers!