Barnes
1965 постов
#11 14 сентября 2014 в 11:02
I said that the model is very good, but it does not fit stylistically game.
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
samolahajnar
55 постов
#12 15 сентября 2014 в 17:38
Thanks for the clarification Barnes!
samolahajnar
55 постов
#13 19 сентября 2014 в 15:36
Hi guys it’s me again!

I have finished the low poly model and I can proudly say that it has less than 8000 triangles. Also I have already done the normal and ambient occlusion mapping.

I think that this is the best work that I have done till today. So let’s go on with texturing!

Cheers!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#14 20 сентября 2014 в 03:49
Nice work!
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#15 28 сентября 2014 в 17:30
Ok I’m back with the fully textured model!

Check it out:

And here you can take a sneak peak on how it is looking in game, but please don’t take on exam the textures as they are not yet optimized for the Quake 2 game. I will do it later when I’ll have the first person model done, it will be done much easier than…

Cheers!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#16 30 сентября 2014 в 07:46
Very nice!
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#17 21 февраля 2015 в 18:27
Hi,

Still alive and kicking here!

I finished modeling our Quake II hands. So here you can take a look on the finished high poly model. I just applied a material which exacerbate crevices so it’s easier to see all the details, so don’t panic if it looks a little weird.

As I would like that this would be the definitive hands to use with future weapons, please make some comments, post your opinion.

Cheers!
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#18 22 февраля 2015 в 06:21
Hi samolahajnar

Good hand :) When you're adding a weapon cut the invisible part of the hand to save fps.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#19 23 февраля 2015 в 09:54
Hi Berserker!

The low poly model will go up including the biceps and triceps muscles with the shoulders left out. I sculpted the hand with a bit of chest and shoulder because I needed a reference for the muscles natural paths. From my point of view sculpting the upper and lower arms is the most difficult part of the human body.

Can you explain a little bit about the saving FPS factor? As I’m not a techy guy I’ve heard that today CPU don’t have problems with rendering polygons as in the old days? Is it meant just for the modern 3D engines? If I in the near future decide to make new Quake 2 characters with 50 000 polygons, will the Quake 2 engine suffer from it?

Thanks in advance!
KRIGSSVIN
930 постов
#20 23 февраля 2015 в 11:31
First thing Berserker has to do to support hi-poly models is hardware skeletal animation. About FPS - no, won't affect too much.