Welcome, guest. You can be a Login или register
Author
Topic title
grenzdebil
2 posts
Karma 0
Hello developers,

I was asking Berserker via E-Mail about several questions already until he told me there's also a forum.

So here's my question:
I know how to start the xatrix/rogue addons now, in a way so I also see the extra monsters and weapons and everything, but is there also a way to get the extra features of Q2Bers in there?
I'm talking about the flashlight and the speed up shots, because some areas are just lighted really bad and I can't see anything. Also the speed up shots are just GREAT and I don't want to miss them.
I tried to get the flashlight with a 'bind' command already but it didn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Oliver
Берсеркер
Суровый челябинский программист
2266 posts
Karma 201
Hi
but is there also a way to get the extra features of Q2Bers in there?

Using quake2 net protocol, you will get client-side only features of q2bers: fog, mirrors, sun, lighting and shadowing, bullet shells, etc... Needs re-light of mod's maps and re-texturing.
Flashlight, personal gibs, speed up shots (haste mode) and other server-side extra features are not alowed. This is a part of berserker server working on new net protocol.

some areas are just lighted really bad and I can't see anything.

Re-light will save you ;)

I tried to get the flashlight with a 'bind' command already but it didn't work.

This command is q2bers extra feature and not known by Q2 mods.
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
grenzdebil
2 posts
Karma 0
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll give Re-Light a try then. :)

Have a nice day.
[hr][size=1]Post Merge: [time]1346597579[/time][/size][hr]
Ok, so after some searching in the forums I figured out nobody relighted the Xatrix/Rogue addon maps so far, other than some attempts with no clear result. Also there seems to be no working link to the ingame editor Re-Light on the forum anywhere.
I tried the link from this post:
http://forums.quakegate.ru/index.php?topic=767.msg17237;topicseen#msg17237
but it's dead.
Could you please supply a working link?
I would like to get used to the controls and everything and try to make some nice Re-Light maps for the addons.

-Oliver
Берсеркер
Суровый челябинский программист
2266 posts
Karma 201
http://berserker.quakegate.ru/files/up137to138.rar
inside: Docs\Bers@Q2\Relight_english.doc
;)
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.