Welcome, guest. You can be a Login или register
« Previous 1 2 3 Next » | All
Author
Topic title
Берсеркер
Суровый челябинский программист
2304 posts
Karma 212
Regarding the model textures name I can change it to whatever you like, but then the model does not use normal and specular maps.
If you have a solution please let me know.

skin_aaa.tga
skin_aaa_bump.tga

Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 posts
Karma 22
Oh thanks Berserker I tried it and now all works as it should.

I will upload the corrected file in the afternoone when I've got the time....

Cheers!
samolahajnar
55 posts
Karma 22
Hi guys

I updated the file download links with the debugged version of the super shotgun.

Changes:
-solved the issue of interfering texture on the multiplayer model. Now the MP model retains the original skin.
-solved the issue of mismatched texture details on the two new models
-added the gun serial number

THX and have a good day
Берсеркер
2304 posts
Karma 212
Hi samolahajnar
You renamed v_shotg2, but need to rename g_shotg2 :)
1. Rename skin name to other, for example: skin_lahajnar
Models PLAYERS\<gender>\w_sshotgun.md2 uses same skin: models/weapons/g_shotg2/skin.pcx, so we have wrong texture mapping

Later, I will give you sample how add scratches (detailed bumpmap) for shabby look weapon. ;)

Thx you :)
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
Берсеркер
2304 posts
Karma 212

I added some scratches for example:
http://files.mail.ru/284278B6B2D342848008F5E33B4B82AB

See alpha-channel of diffuse texture (skin.tga) - is the detailed bumpmap intensity.
and see skin.fx:
detailbump Textures\details\detail6_bump
detailscale 12
You can use own detailbump texture. ;)
V_2540
My hair burned in Hell
451 posts
Karma 79
2samolahajnarNot bad for a first time. But there are some drawbacks - 1) The gun is slightly bulky,it lacks ergonomic and curved surfaces.
2) Front stock does not move during charge, as it was before.
3) I would advise not to use the exact copy of the weapons from the game, but to find their counterparts from reality except of course futuristic.
P.S.If you keep your weapons project, I can help by drawing sketches for weapons.
CPU-i9 9900k,RAM-32 Gb,Video-Nvidia Titan V

samolahajnar
55 posts
Karma 22
Sorry for the late response but I've been very busy through all the week.
I have updated the download link with the renamed models for solving the multiplayer issue.

@Berserker thanks for the example. I will try out your technique!

@V_2540 Thanks for the compliments and sincere words, still the model has many flows, which I think is quite logic when you do it for the first time.
Now that I have a better knowledge of modeling technics I would do it in a totally different manner.
But this circle doesn't have an end, so more you learn more you would change and do better.

The only thing that still buggers my mind is the animation. The tutorials around the net are pretty scars and I couldn't find the answer for my problem.
The problem is that I don't know how to correctly animate and then export the mesh to MD3 format.

The model must consist of one animation. So how do I do the animation of the gun and the hand as a single model?
I can do it just with moving around the hand part of the mash, but after exporting it the hand would not move in the animation.
Just the gun would retain the correct animation.

When I will start with the next project I will have you in my mind for the drawing!

After all I'm still pretty satisfied with the results and would like to thank you all again for your support.

See you all on the next project when I’ve got the time…

Have fun ant take care!

Берсеркер
2304 posts
Karma 212
@samolahajnar
We are still waiting for your final version of super shotgun with detailed bumpmap :)
Which weapon will be next?
samolahajnar
55 posts
Karma 22
Ok people I updated the link on the first page.

I have remade the animation - now is more smooth

and animated the hand - which now moves on reload.

If I have thought earlier I've made also move the reloading part of the gun but...

@Berserker for the bumpmap I have in plan to do it in the same time I'll do the machine gun!

Cheers!
« Previous 1 2 3 Next » | All