Welcome, guest. You can be a Login или register
Author
Topic title
AkenBosch
3 posts
Karma 0
Hello all, new satisfied berserker mod user here :) Thanks for making it, my old favourite game Quake 2 looks awesome now!

This might have been asked or answered already, but i can't read russian so i ask it in english: i play on 1920 x 1080 resolution and the crosshair is slightly off the center; every weapon hits a bit lower and right from it.
Although it isn't such a big deal, it gets a bit annoying when i'm using the railgun becouse i have to aim past the enemies to hit them, so i decided to ask if there is a fix for this.

Keep up the good work, bye!
Берсеркер
Суровый челябинский программист
2258 posts
Karma 200
Hi,
crosshair is exactly at the center of the screen
(tested on 1680 x 1050, I can't set FHD resolution).
You can send me screenshot taked in 1920 x 1080.

Second: all weapons does not hit exactly to crosshair's point,
it's a Quake2 bug or feature ;)))
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
AkenBosch
3 posts
Karma 0
Sorry, i wrote it a bit weird... yes, the crosshair is in the exact center of the screen, but all weapons fire lower and to the right of it.

I made a couple of screenshots so you can see what i mean (i wrote on the pictures what happens):

Shot 1 - railgun

Shot 2 - blaster

Shot 3 - machinegun (it's not an accurate weapon, but the aim is still off)

Shot 4 - hyperblaster

I just thought of something: i also patched quake 2 with Knightmare's unofficial v3.24 Patch, so it might have something to do with that becouse someone mentioned the same problem here (last comment)...

I will try to re-install Quake 2 with only the Berserker mod and see if it fixes the problem, i'll be back :)

EDIT: i have now reinstalled the game without anything else, only the official patch and the latest Berserker mod, the aim is still slightly off:

Blaster far

Blaster close

Shotgun

Like i said - it's not a big problem, i just wanted to ask if it was a bug or something.
Scrama
Добрый фей
95 posts
Karma 8
Technical, it can be fixed by changing "firing" code in game dll. You can calc fire-vector not as shifted normal to the player, but as vector through end point of trace by camera-centered normal and shifted point of weapon handling.

Ну, и поскольку мой английский слишком польский, надо просто протрейсить из глаз в кроссхаир, взять конечную точку за одну расчетную, а смещенную, из которой обычно стреляем, - за вторую, между ними построить вектор и уже по нему пальнуть. Выглядеть это будет точнее. Но, раз уж так никто еще не сделал за 16 лет существования игры, то и не надо никому, похоже.
Берсеркер
Суровый челябинский программист
2258 posts
Karma 200
ха, базар вам нужен ;D

absolutely exact hit:

Game.dll:
http://files.mail.ru/ACE15DC55586402AB7BD75730A9F91CA
получите и распишитесь!

Один вопрос: стоит сделать dm-флаг, отключающий эту фичу?
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
Barnes
1840 posts
Karma 148
Не надо это вырубать, один фиг коллизия по ббоксу))
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
AkenBosch
3 posts
Karma 0
Now it hits in the exact middle, thank you very much :D
Scrama
Добрый фей
95 posts
Karma 8
Хахах, главное свечку правильно держать :D