samolahajnar
55 постов
#1 02 ноября 2013 в 18:53
Hi guys it’s me again,<br /><br />It’s been a while since I did my last post here. In between I didn’t have much time, as I’m frequenting courses of Autocad and Inventor. <br />Still I spared some time to make a few things that I enjoy. One of this is of course modeling and texturing, so I made some sketches for the Quake 2&nbsp; Blaster gun and then the final model.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />So here it is, I would like to ask what you think about it having in game. I’m really not good on concept art making, so maybe it looks too much seventies or too funny, I don’t know. <br />So, please say something about it, it is worth to invest time for animating it?<br /><br />Cheers! <br />
Barnes
1965 постов
#2 02 ноября 2013 в 19:29
hhhhmmm// Hlamur girl weapon?
Какой богатый внутренний мир! Дай-ка посмотрю.....
Trephs
10 постов
#3 02 ноября 2013 в 19:41
Doesn&#039;t hit the quake 2 style with that round thingy and straight form. The sights also look terrible. If I were you, I would try to keep model much closer to original.
Barnes
1965 постов
#4 02 ноября 2013 в 20:02
No need to make new, there is a common style of play, he fantastic and realistic))<br />
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#5 03 ноября 2013 в 12:19
Hi samolahajnar,<br />white material of the blaster is final variant?<br />This is similar to Imperial weapons in Star Wars&nbsp; :)
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
Barnes
1965 постов
#6 03 ноября 2013 в 12:30
BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle. Standard-issue blaster rifle of the Imperial Stormtroopers<br /><br /><br /><br />original prototype (Sterling Submachine Gun)<br /><br /><br /><br /> 8)
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#7 03 ноября 2013 в 12:32
Star Wars Imperial Army style: white armors and walls&nbsp; :D
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#8 05 ноября 2013 в 10:12
Hi there!<br /><br />As I see there’s no Trekkies or Star Wars fan in here huh! I didn’t meant to make a gun in such spirit, <br />but it came out this way as I am learning texturing with MARI and had to try different techniques of painting.<br />Even if you all didn’t like it, I was curious to see the textures in game, so I made the animation and all it was needed.<br /><br /><br /><br />At least now you have to try it out&nbsp; ;D<br /><br />Dowload link:<br />http://www.freefilehosting.net/blastergun51113<br /><br />Maybe when I’ll have a little time, I will try to make some different kind of textures to see if it changes something.<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />P.S.<br />Hi Berserker, I have a question for you if you can help me out ( as usually :) )! What kind of shader does the port use? In MARI I used the Phong shader for painting textures, <br />which in my opinion looks incredibly well in game.
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#9 05 ноября 2013 в 14:52
Hi&nbsp; samolahajnar<br />Animation is good, but:<br /><br />1. make a hand slightly thicker<br /><br /><br />2. cut off the second arm&nbsp; :D&nbsp; and make a short main arm (it&#039;s not the whole visible)<br /><br /><br />
What kind of shader does the port use?
<br />OpenGL basically supports Guro shading (GL_SMOOTH), but fragment shaders can interpolate normals, binormals and tangents (TBN). It is Phong painting?
Barnes
1965 постов
#10 05 ноября 2013 в 18:46
Серег, мне щас очень лень по английски писать, но, когда для ппл рисуют диффуз, это должен быть только цвет без теней и прочего, затенения, объемы сам знаешь как делаются. А цвет правильно называется альбедо. У вальве по сему есть хорошая дока. http://www2.ati.com/developer/gdc/d3dtutorial10_half-life2_shading.pdf<br />