Берсеркер
2318 постов
#21 04 февраля 2013 в 11:29
Regarding the model textures name I can change it to whatever you like, but then the model does not use normal and specular maps.<br />If you have a solution please let me know.
<br />skin_aaa.tga<br />skin_aaa_bump.tga<br /><br />
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
samolahajnar
55 постов
#22 04 февраля 2013 в 12:07
Oh thanks Berserker I tried it and now all works as it should.<br /><br />I will upload the corrected file in the afternoone when I&#039;ve got the time....<br /><br />Cheers!
samolahajnar
55 постов
#23 06 февраля 2013 в 09:45
Hi guys<br /><br />I updated the file download links with the debugged version of the super shotgun.<br /><br />Changes:<br />-solved the issue of interfering texture on the multiplayer model. Now the MP model retains the original skin.<br />-solved the issue of mismatched texture details on the two new models<br />-added the gun serial number<br /><br />THX and have a good day<br />
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#24 06 февраля 2013 в 15:53
Hi samolahajnar<br />You renamed v_shotg2, but need to rename g_shotg2&nbsp; :)<br />
1. Rename skin name to other, for example: skin_lahajnar<br />Models PLAYERS\&lt;gender&gt;\w_sshotgun.md2 uses same skin: models/weapons/g_shotg2/skin.pcx, so we have wrong texture mapping
<br />Later, I will give you sample how add scratches (detailed bumpmap) for shabby look weapon.&nbsp; ;)<br /><br />Thx you&nbsp; :)
Машина несла меня через неведомые районы Галактики сквозь пространство математической реальности быстрее скорости света. (C) Фред Саберхаген.
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#25 06 февраля 2013 в 16:26
<br />I added some scratches for example:<br />http://files.mail.ru/284278B6B2D342848008F5E33B4B82AB<br /><br />See alpha-channel of diffuse texture (skin.tga) - is the detailed bumpmap intensity.<br />and see skin.fx:<br />&nbsp; detailbump Textures\details\detail6_bump<br />&nbsp; detailscale 12<br />You can use own detailbump texture. ;)
V_2540
492 постов
#26 06 февраля 2013 в 16:44
2samolahajnarNot bad for a first time. But there are some drawbacks - 1) The gun is slightly bulky,it lacks ergonomic and curved surfaces.<br /> 2) Front stock does not move during charge, as it was before.<br /> 3) I would advise not to use the exact copy of the weapons from the game, but to find their counterparts from reality except of course futuristic.<br />P.S.If you keep your weapons project, I can help by drawing sketches for weapons.
CPU-i7 12700,RAM-32 Gb DDR5,Video-RTX 4090
samolahajnar
55 постов
#27 11 февраля 2013 в 12:08
Sorry for the late response but I&#039;ve been very busy through all the week.<br />I have updated the download link with the renamed models for solving the multiplayer issue.<br /><br />@Berserker thanks for the example. I will try out your technique!<br /><br />@V_2540 Thanks for the compliments and sincere words, still the model has many flows, which I think is quite logic when you do it for the first time.<br />Now that I have a better knowledge of modeling technics I would do it in a totally different manner.<br />But this circle doesn&#039;t have an end, so more you learn more you would change and do better.<br /><br />The only thing that still buggers my mind is the animation. The tutorials around the net are pretty scars and I couldn&#039;t find the answer for my problem. <br />The problem is that I don&#039;t know how to correctly animate and then export the mesh to MD3 format.<br /><br />The model must consist of one animation. So how do I do the animation of the gun and the hand as a single model? <br />I can do it just with moving around the hand part of the mash, but after exporting it the hand would not move in the animation.<br />Just the gun would retain the correct animation.<br /><br />When I will start with the next project I will have you in my mind for the drawing!<br /><br />After all I&#039;m still pretty satisfied with the results and would like to thank you all again for your support.<br /><br />See you all on the next project when I’ve got the time…<br /><br />Have fun ant take care!<br /><br />
Берсеркер
2318 постов
#28 14 февраля 2013 в 06:41
@samolahajnar<br />We are still waiting for your final version of super shotgun with detailed bumpmap :)<br />Which weapon will be next?
samolahajnar
55 постов
#29 10 марта 2013 в 09:34
Ok people I updated the link on the first page.<br /><br />I have remade the animation - now is more smooth<br /><br />and animated the hand - which now moves on reload.<br /><br />If I have thought earlier I&#039;ve made also move the reloading part of the gun but... <br /><br />@Berserker for the bumpmap I have in plan to do it in the same time I&#039;ll do the machine gun!<br /><br />Cheers!